UP Computer Science Interns' Blog

May 28, 2010


Filed under: trade_200678652 — kareindirecto @ 4:28 pm

Second week before our final week, we started to finalize the projects that are assigned to us. Since Sir Joel is not around because he is also doing something for the elections (I think), we decided to polish the projects. Jomai and I finalize the website that was assigned to us while Kit and Reg also finalizing the flippy book that we are doing. In the duration of that week, we started doing another flippy book that, another sample so that Sir Joel will have an option in which he can choose from. Nothing much happened with this week, other than we missed Sir Joel’s instructions and presence in the office.



Filed under: trade_200678652 — kareindirecto @ 4:28 pm

Here we go with our last project! Whew! Our team is merged to prepare for this big project. The first time I saw a flip book, I was astonished by the way a magazine or book converted to a realistic one using computer. the only difference is that you’re reading from a computer. Unlike a typical pdf file, you just flip the pages and need not have to run through the pages up and down. We search how to make a flip book. We found a lot of sample flip books and some sample codes but they are commercialized. So, we ended up using a open source program application, MZ3 Megazine, where we can use in meeting up with the specification given to us by Sir Joel. We use this as the building block of our program. We extended it by attaching audio, video, text and links to the Megazine’s code. We also added plug-in in downloading/ saving the pages into pdf file. The application that we made already converts a word document into pdf file and use this to create a flip book that generates a .swf file(Flash) and .html file.


Filed under: trade_200678652 — kareindirecto @ 4:27 pm

I must say that you really have the patience in understanding the code and not just merely looking at it and do trial and errors. You may overlook the important codes and spent more time on things that is not vital to the program. And sometimes, you think you know everything but actually you’re just getting close to it.  I think that is the lessons I learned in exploring Joomla. Our problem with the chopped button was solved by adding width and height in the site’s CSS. We are also able to trim down the components that are not needed by hiding the components. We edited the php files of modules, commented out some of the code to hide these component. With that, we moved on with other specifications, like sliding of images in the main page and making this image and login form appeared in one row. Successfully, Jomai and I are able to do this.

Moving on, our end is near and flippy book is now haunting us. Sir Joel gave us the signal to start doing the flippy book since he is already confident when the project’s(the one with the tooltip) contents is finally given to him. So, we moved on in doing flippy book.

« Previous PageNext Page »

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.